Dec 11, 2011

Where did we leave off???

Okay, so allow me to recap the last 3.5 months in a few pictures/words, that way we can get back to the *now....
September:
Hurricane Irene blew her nasty self through.... keeping us out of school for a week!  Growing up we always had snow days, now I know there is such a thing as 'hurricane days.'

There she is -right- over us!  Thank goodness for great friends and cold beer at that time!  Did I go for a run?  Nope.... didn't want to disapoint anyone!

October
I ran this month... actually kind of a lot for me!  I ran over 50 miles this month, including the most boring half ever, but with the best race swag!

It was a half-ironman.... we were in 6th place after the swim, 2nd after the bike, and then finished 5th after my run!  Had it been a race of just running, I would have been the last person!  Go me!!!  Final time:  2:20 avg 10:43's....
Let me add that it was 40* with a constant 20mph wind.... best finishers medal race ever!!!!!!

November
I ran some more!  Another half... OBX for the second time!  I love this race!  Another 2:21... at least I'm consistent!!!  And races are always more fun with friends!  And when there is beer at the end!  Half-mary #8- finished!

There was a lot more that happened, but I want to talk about NOW!
I am signed up for the Shamrock Halfmarathon in VA Beach St. Patties weekend (March 18th) AND the Flying Pirate on the OBX April 22nd  (don't tell the hubby about that one until the credit card bill comes....)

I am hoping for a PR in both races... a time PR at Shamrock and a PR in fun for the Flying Pirate.... Sooooooooooooo to keep me consistent I am going to post on here more than once every 3.5 months... my plan is color coded and I'm ready to run!



And what would a post be without a pug picture???  Someone is oozing with Christmas spirit!!




No comments:

Post a Comment